Mining Explained

Guides about quests, gameplay, general info on the game.
Hornet

Re: Mining Explained

Post by Hornet » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Can we mine tortoise gems ?

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Hornet wrote:Can we mine tortoise gems ?
From what i know, you can not mine Tortoise gems. You can however farm them by powertraining waters (appearently)

-TeaCup-
Shall one ever wish hell upon another, he will recieve something worse than hell -TeaCup-

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:54 am

I was reading all this and more people come to the forum then you think. I also agree the mining is broke and making 3000 characters to get gems is kind of much lol

florian2

Post by florian2 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am

Hi everyone,
I really don't understand the chance (in %) to get a gem : This is what Vale[PM] said;
Vale wrote: All Rates are expressed in %. This is not absolute, but relative, as chances are generated based on random generations.
To find absolute value of 1 in x tries there is a success, do (100 / chance) and you have your absolute value (theoretical, mathematical).
You can't find relative value as it is random.

Server Time : UTC (GMT 0).

[Exp Rates]

Leveling/Prof/Skill=2

[Mining]

Mine Gem=0.09
Refined=2
Super=0.6

[Sockets]

1 sock Meteor=0.14
2 sock Meteor=0.08
1 sock DB=1.5
2 sock DB=0.5
1 sock item LabBoss=5
2 sock item LabBoss=1
Why Mine Gem is 0,09% and Refined is 2% and super = 0.6% ?
Because as Vale said we can use (100/chance), so we use 100/0,09 to find the number of time theorical we have to mine to get a mine gem ? because 100/0,09 = 1111 and for refined gem it is 100/2 = 50 ... I'm totally confused and I hope you could help me about my confusion :D

Thank a lot

Matek

Post by Matek » Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Well if u haven't notice this server hasn't been updated in sometime

sulphur90

Post by sulphur90 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:10 am

Hello all,

One question about getting gems system.
I understand that furys and + in pickaxe and only pickaxe will increase gem mining rate.
What about attribute points. My miner has all points in HP, what if i will put all points in dexterity.
Will this affect mining rate? Will the mining be faster?
Because dexterity in attacking = faster attack, is the same in mining?
Can we consider mining as attacking or this is just very different action?

Thanks in advance

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:33 am

This is something I wana test aswell. If u type /as it will show the Attack speed numbers. If you pump all your points in dex the number displayed goes down, ie. u attack faster. Gota test it. All i know for now that u can bless pickaxes :D. +7 -5 pickaxe here i come!
Shimmer[CM]

sulphur90

Post by sulphur90 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:46 am

Thanks for command, yeah my pickaxe is +6 -1 at the moment, blessed with water 110 lvl lol

sulphur90

Post by sulphur90 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

damn this command doesnt work for me.
Is there a full list of commands anywhere on forum?

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

Oh its /cd.
Shimmer[CM]

sulphur90

Post by sulphur90 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Okay. I have figured out that dexterity do not increase mining rates. Miner is using pickaxe with the same speed and the ores seems to appear in the same ratio.
In my opinion there is no difference if you put allpoints to dex or to hp or to mana or whatever. Peace

Redspawn

Post by Redspawn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Hello again fellow miners!

I have recently started playing again after the wipe and of course started mining again.
I still want a clarification about the whole mining system.

Usually I have around 10 miners going at a time and I do get alot of normal gems. Actually the first evening I was playing I mined 2 super gems!
After 4 more days I have gotten 1 super fury gem aswell (which of course I invested in a pickaxe!).

Somehow this "15%" increase gem chance is not reflecting on the results at all. The miner which holds the pickaxe with SFG does not achieve more gems then the other miners, and with a 15 % chance this would be statiscally severe compared to the other miners.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and this is solely based on what the statistics would show (but after the hours I've put in it should somehow reflect the results)

The chance of getting a gem is 0.09 (First assumption is that this expressed in percent and 1 is not equal to 100%, 9% is to high)

This means that the chance of getting a gem should be around 0.09%. This means that when you mine 1 full bag this is 40*0.09 = 3,6%
I already see here that this must be wrong, because gettin a normal gem is far more common then 3,6% when mining one full bag.

There is no point in further into the calculations becuase my assumption is wrong and this is not how it works.

Lets attack this at another angle.

If you mine 100 gems (regardless of chance)

Theoretically this would give something around
2 refined gems and 0,6 super gem.

I think this is way to low as it would take me around 100 hours combined to gather 100 gems.
I think we should atleast double or triple the chances for super and refined gems to make it worth the time.
I can provide detailed statistics if that helps but I guess not.

All in all I just wanna say that with the Super Fury gem it should drasticly improve gem mining rate, with its 15 % increased chance no matter how you look at it, but the results does not reflect this at all. If you have 2 super fury gems this would increased gem chance by 30 %, does this mean that the gem chance would be increased by 300% ( like 0,09 *130 % ? In my opinion this would be a rip off really if the chances are that low with those investments.

Clearly if you have read all this you see that I dont really understand how this system works and I just want a explaination to how this works and if its even worth investing in mining equipment.

Any thoughts on this? Is it possible to raise the rates a little?

Thanks for reading and please discuss this with me if you have any opinions.

Any thoughts from you Vali?

Redspawn

Vali
Site Admin

Post by Vali » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 pm

The 0.09% only applies to the rate of getting a gem while mining and the bonus as well (only applies to the rate of getting gems).

After you succeed in having the chance to get a gem, there is another chance applied if it is refined / super.
if you mine a gem then there is
2.4% for the gem to be refined
0.6% for the gem to be super.

You can type /miningbonus to get your bonus from the plus and fury gems in the pickaxe

Redspawn

Post by Redspawn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 am

Thank you for replying.

I've had some statistics in my education but I were never any good at it, unfortunatly.

So with two super fury gems you will have 0,09 % * 1,30 = 0,117 chance?

Pretty small increase if this is how it works, but hey! Anything helps! I dont know how the + on pickaxe increase tho. I will check this out when I get off work :)

Any thoughts on upping the rates? Mayby 3 % for refined and 1 % for super? I dont know how much work this is tho.

Vali
Site Admin

Post by Vali » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:30 am

Well, 0.09 means that you will get 1 gem out of the total number of 'swings (mining attempts)' 100/0.09 -> 1111
with 2 super fury gems you would get 0,09 * 1,3 -> 0,117 % chance which translates into 1 gem out of 100 / 0,117 -> 854 mining attempts which is much better than before.
The extra 'dexterity' from the pickaxe will result in additional % in the bonus. (Max is 10% at +9) -> 40% bonus with 2 SFG & +9 axe
Also 1 mining attempt is done every 5 seconds

Redspawn

Post by Redspawn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 am

Thank alot for the info! I

I guess this means that with 30% increase this equals around 71 minutes per gem.
This would theoretically give 118 hours on average per super gem.

Mayby this should be lowered a little/rates upped a little? Compared to making a reborn I guess this is more then 10 times more time consuming.

Do anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers Vali!