Mining Explained

Guides about quests, gameplay, general info on the game.
Vali
Site Admin

Mining Explained

Post by Vali » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Basic Information: Gems and Ores you can get from certain map

Gems List
  • Jail : Phoenix, Dragon, Rainbow, Kylin
  • TwinCity Cave : Dragon, Fury, Rainbow, Kylin
  • PhoenixCastle Cave : Phoenix, Dragon, Rainbow, Kylin
  • DesertCity & ApeCity Cave : Moon, Violet
  • MetZone Cave : Phoenix, Dragon, Rainbow, Moon

Ore List
  • Jail : Iron, Copper, Gold
  • TwinCity Cave : Iron, Euxenite
  • PhoenixCastle Cave : Iron, Copper
  • DesertCity & ApeCity & MetZone : Iron, Copper, Silver, Gold

Mining Features :
While mining your PickAxe / Hoe might get compose points (plused) as well as get socketed.
The higher the PickAxe's + is, the higher the chance to get gems is.
If you add FuryGems inside the PickAxe you will get 5%,10%,15% (Normal, Refined, Super) more chances to get gems.
2 Sockets with 2 Super Fury Gems in your PickAxe means 30% more chance of getting a gem!
To check your mining bonus type /miningbonus

burlacuradu

Re: Mining Explained

Post by burlacuradu » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:50 am

if you add fury gem to another socket than pickaxe, is then more chance of getting gems?

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:02 am

No there isn't. Only the fury gems in pickaxes increase the gem chance.
Shimmer[CM]

Redspawn

Post by Redspawn » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:01 pm

This is not true, I have tested this now for 1 week. I have 6 accounts mining. four of them with regular pickaxes, 1 with 2 super fury gems and 1 with 2 refined (both +4). They pickaxes does not change anything, all my accounts have mined ca the same amount so something is wrong in the code here. Also I would like to raise the rates for refined/super gems which is so incredible rare that its not even worth mining. I have gotten 1 super kyling gem and 1 dragon gem in about 400 hours of mining. That is just so low that I dont see the point of mining...

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:34 pm

While I agree that mining is not what it used to be in the old days, considering how easy it is to make water 110 mining in its current form serves the purpose of helping u make CelStones. Idk how much time ive spent mining by now, but I can tell with 3 +5 2SFG pickaxes and one thats +6 that they do help. I also mined several super gems, including Rain, Vio, Moon, Kylin and Dragon. What I agree with is that Ref gems are a pain to get. Literally harder then Super gems (althoo the price does not reflect this, and it shouldn't). At this point what would be a positive change is if we could combine 7 (debatable number) normal gems into a refined one, not 14 as it currently stands. This way there would be easier access to them, miners would make some money and those in need of gems wouldn't be forced to save up money until they can afford a super gem.
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:52 pm

This might be a really stupid question, but does Pickaxe weapon proficiency maakes a different in anything related to mining?
Like, faster progress on you pickaxe, Higher rate ores and higher chances of Gems?

TeaCup-
Shall one ever wish hell upon another, he will recieve something worse than hell -TeaCup-

Vali
Site Admin

Post by Vali » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:31 am

No, pickaxe weapon proficiency is NOT doing anything at this moment.

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Vali wrote:No, pickaxe weapon proficiency is NOT doing anything at this moment.
Does this mean it might be in the future?

Also, does the EXP skill Accuracy do anything with gem increasing or not?

-TeaCup-
Shall one ever wish hell upon another, he will recieve something worse than hell -TeaCup-

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 pm

So i took the liberty to copy over your post from the other thread here, so its in one place.
TeaCup wrote:Good day people of classic conquer! I'm TeaCup, an veteran player that used to play conquer back in like, 2006? maybe even earier, i can't even remember anymore. I'm still fairy new to this private server. Anyways, here is my suggestion..

A Pickaxe skill..

you know how alot of people keep whining about gems being to0 hard to obtain, specially refined and super gems? Now, i'm not sure if this is even possible to add, since you guys are not the original creators of the game. But alright.

Ideas:
Gemdigger
Will have +accuracy for pickaxes (making it a bit easier to get gems). So, +accuracy give 0,5% chance of accuracy for mining gems at lv 1. 1% at lv 2, 2% at lv 3, 4% at lv4 and 8% at lv 5. To avoid having 100% of obtain possibility, the max increae of % chance scould be 10-20% maybe?
Now, to train this, you don't use the pickaxe as a weapon, you get % of skill exp for each gem you mine.
Let's say, you get 5,500% for each gem when you're still at lv 0, and the tier of gems would give more exp.
Normal= 5,500%
Refine= 11%
Super= 22%
The amount of EXP gained through mining gems decreases as your "gemDigger" skill increases in level, so it won't be too easy to train it,
Let's say the exp rate would be like this:
Normal:
lv0 5,500%
lv1 5,00%
lv2 3,500%
lv3 2,000%
lv 4 1,000%
Lv5> 0,250%
Refine:
lv0 11%
Lv1 10%
lv2 9,850%
lv3 8.500%
lv4 7,000%
lv5> 4,500%
Super:
lv0 22,000%
lv1 20,000%
lv3 17,500%
lv4 15.000%
lv5 10.000%
lv6> 5,000%

I do think some people disagree on this, because refine and super gems (specially super gems) will probably drop in price when this will be used. We may could speak of a decreasing in price between 5-6,5kk. Or maybe not, maybe the chance of finding gems won't be increased that much even if the chance of finding them is higher. It's still all about luck, i guess.

Now, ofcourse. this is just a idea, no need it to be inplanted or used, but since there's so much complaint abount the gem mining, why not take it in consideration, if it's possible ofcourse.

-TeaCup-
Shimmer[CM]

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Its very detailed and I personally like it. Especially the idea that the char becomes truly a miner in a sense that it levels up the skill, thus sticking to YOUR miner becomes important, and yields better results in the longrun.

Finding super gems isnt hard. People plvl waters-warfarm, u can get them from Team PK. I dont think that super gems are the issue. Its ref gems. And no sane person spends their VotePoints on ref gems. Finding a solution for ref gems through mining would be realy nice. :roll:

*Stares blatantly at Vali*
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 am

Veerschlee wrote:Its very detailed and I personally like it. Especially the idea that the char becomes truly a miner in a sense that it levels up the skill, thus sticking to YOUR miner becomes important, and yields better results in the longrun.

Finding super gems isnt hard. People plvl waters-warfarm, u can get them from Team PK. I dont think that super gems are the issue. Its ref gems. And no sane person spends their VotePoints on ref gems. Finding a solution for ref gems through mining would be realy nice. :roll:

*Stares blatantly at Vali*
Hey man, thanks for your feedback! I put my mind to it because i'm one of those people who never really has money.. So, i either have to make it easier for myself to make money, or try to suply myself with own earned materials. I personally though it was strange Pickaxe didn't had a skill. Pickaxe does have a weapon prof and all weapons have skills passive, ones that need stamina or +attack skills. so, i was wondering "Why don't have pickaxes a skills?" Let's come up with something that could be useful while mining, makes it easier and more fun and profitable. Tbh, i mined 2 refined gems today and i was really happy about that! but well, i only found 3 refined and 1 super gem so far.

I know from different information sources that more experience people use the multiple character style of getting their rare items like tortoise gems and other gems, but to be honest, i don't believe anyone could do that. For example, i made an hunter archer and i have a main trojan. I still hunt on my trojan. I can't really dual play or play more than one character at a time xD. I bet i'm not the only one. So, for people like that, it should be made a bit easier to obtain these items. I really apprciate your feedback man, i was hopin someone would response to it and give their opinion about this idea!
-TeaCup-

Vali
Site Admin

Post by Vali » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:40 am

I am quite sure that a skill addition can be possible but I have no idea how.

What I do have idea for and know how to do is to reset all pickaxe proficiency to 0 and make it increase only by mining so the proficiency level can act like the bonus of the skill you mentioned.

This can go on for debate.

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:38 am

I think the idea with prof could work, but then u might have to readjust the above numbers, determine where to cap it, and how well would it work together with Fury gems and the + on the pickaxe. You might also have to put a cap on teh prof, as 20 is the max on profs. But yea it could work with profs, u wont have to reinvent a skill.
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 am

Vali wrote:I am quite sure that a skill addition can be possible but I have no idea how.

What I do have idea for and know how to do is to reset all pickaxe proficiency to 0 and make it increase only by mining so the proficiency level can act like the bonus of the skill you mentioned.

This can go on for debate.
The idea of training pickaxe Proficiency with mining doens't sound that bad either. I guess it's somewhat similar to the passive skill idea.
So, how will you be gaining exp? for each gem or each Ore and gem? will iron, cooper, silver, gold and gem all give different amount of EXP? Because, this would make training pickaxe proficiency at different mines easier. The idea is great though. However, i do wonder how much effect it will have on the chance for finding gems. Thus, i think the passive skill is a good alternative. Like, +accuracy similar to +attack, but since you're using your Pickaxe, it increases the chances of finding gems. I'm not really sure tho, i just like to help around comming up with ideas.
-TeaCup-

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I dont think ore types should matter, as u said, it will get confusing and certain mines will be 'leveling mines'. With what u mentioned with those numbers worked over into pickaxe profficiency might just work. Having a progressive way of increasing the efficiency of mining is the idea here. The more u mine the more skilled your miner will be, and this yields more results.
There was this last mechanic which is worth mentioning I think is the idea - and I remember this being on retail, im absolutely sure of it - that if u dont move much, you simply get less and less ores progressively. I remember guys in the e-cafee I used to play from went apeshit when they moved their miners by accident. You could leave your miner there for up to 2 hours, and still would be halfway full of ores and gems. But if mining can be increased the above mentioned way i guess we dont realy need this that much..idk.
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Veerschlee wrote:I dont think ore types should matter, as u said, it will get confusing and certain mines will be 'leveling mines'. With what u mentioned with those numbers worked over into pickaxe profficiency might just work. Having a progressive way of increasing the efficiency of mining is the idea here. The more u mine the more skilled your miner will be, and this yields more results.
There was this last mechanic which is worth mentioning I think is the idea - and I remember this being on retail, im absolutely sure of it - that if u dont move much, you simply get less and less ores progressively. I remember guys in the e-cafee I used to play from went apeshit when they moved their miners by accident. You could leave your miner there for up to 2 hours, and still would be halfway full of ores and gems. But if mining can be increased the above mentioned way i guess we dont realy need this that much..idk.
So, you think that moving once in like, 30 min will actually give you more chance of mining materials? That does sound pretty logical. Since you can't mine one spot forever. Also, getting less ores and gems when staying at one place is also pretty anti bot, because bots usually stay at one spot. So it's completely logical and understandable. I usually stay at one play and move like, 2-3 tiles while dropping my ores. I don't move too much from one spot though, because it takes time to get from one side to another. also, moving around may risk encountering a PKER, which could kill you. If you're in one location, you can see a PKER comming and teleport away (what i always do)

overall conclusion, i hope this idea will get through, whenever it's the Passive SKill i mentioned, or the profinciency style training with mining.
-TeaCup-

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:30 pm

TeaCup wrote:
Veerschlee wrote:I dont think ore types should matter, as u said, it will get confusing and certain mines will be 'leveling mines'. With what u mentioned with those numbers worked over into pickaxe profficiency might just work. Having a progressive way of increasing the efficiency of mining is the idea here. The more u mine the more skilled your miner will be, and this yields more results.
So, you think that moving once in like, 30 min will actually give you more chance of mining materials? That does sound pretty logical. Since you can't mine one spot forever. Also, getting less ores and gems when staying at one place is also pretty anti bot, because bots usually stay at one spot. So it's completely logical and understandable. I usually stay at one play and move like, 2-3 tiles while dropping my ores. I don't move too much from one spot though, because it takes time to get from one side to another. also, moving around may risk encountering a PKER, which could kill you. If you're in one location, you can see a PKER comming and teleport away (what i always do)

overall conclusion, i hope this idea will get through, whenever it's the Passive SKill i mentioned, or the profinciency style training with mining.
-TeaCup-
I think there was a misunderstanding. The way it worked was so that IF you DIDNT move your miner u mined less and less OREs up to the point where u would get only a couple/hour. This DIDNT affect gems. So eventually u would only mine gems and next to no ores IF YOU DIDNT MOVE. :idea:

But getting back to the original idea with the prof is something to go with i think.What you think Vali? A quick brainstorming with the values can quickly give an idea how this can be implemented. And we promise we wont nag u with mining anymore...we find something else... :mrgreen:
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I think there was a misunderstanding. The way it worked was so that IF you DIDNT move your miner u mined less and less OREs up to the point where u would get only a couple/hour. This DIDNT affect gems. So eventually u would only mine gems and next to no ores IF YOU DIDNT MOVE. :idea:

But getting back to the original idea with the prof is something to go with i think.What you think Vali? A quick brainstorming with the values can quickly give an idea how this can be implemented. And we promise we wont nag u with mining anymore...we find something else... :mrgreen:
Yea, i thought you meant that. That's pretty funny. But it would take alot of time though. Maybe making a voting poll for the mining idea would work? IF we have enough active users that is.
I could help brainstorming about the values if needed.
Actually, i've been looking for all kind of improvments in general. so, i might hit the forum up with some other suggestions soon.
-TeaCup-

Veerschlee

Post by Veerschlee » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Very few ppl visit the forum, and rarely for the right reason. Lets not make polls, they wont vote. Vali should just do it and end of story. :mrgreen: :idea:
Shimmer[CM]

TeaCup

Post by TeaCup » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Veerschlee wrote:Very few ppl visit the forum, and rarely for the right reason. Lets not make polls, they wont vote. Vali should just do it and end of story. :mrgreen: :idea:
I guess it's decided than :P. What would be the estimated time to inplant this? It doens't need to be rushed at all, but i'm really curious to how this will pay off.
Will it be a quick update? Like, no notifications about it, or will it be an In-game announcement about it?

-TeaCup-